"One of the very best authors... for both schools and festival events"
Welcome to the actual official proper John Dougherty website!
John's the award-winning author of lots of amazing books including:
and loads more. On this site you can find out about his books, his poems, his songs, and all kinds of other things including how to book one of his fantastic school visits!
"In an age where all-things electronic are vying for children's attention, John Dougherty is a wonderful ambassador for books" - PHILIP ARDAGH
John performing at Cornwall's wonderful Eden Project in 2017
Some of the things you'll find on this site:
By the way - on this site, if you see some words in this shade of blue, it means they've got a link in them...
Just about everything on this site is © either me or somebody else. Things that are © somebody else include:
- all illustrations from the Stinkbomb & Ketchup-Face books, which are © the jolly clever & talented Mr David Tazzyman
- all illustrations from There's a Pig Up My Nose, which are © the fabulous Laura Hughes
- all illustrations from Mark & Shark: Detecting & Stuff, which are © the amazing Katie Abey
- all illustrations from the Zeus books, the Jack Slater books, and Niteracy Hour, © Georgien Overwater
- all other illustrations & photos © whoever did the drawing or took the photo, which means YOU CAN'T USE THEM unless you're the photographer or illustrator or have their permission, ok?!? I'll probably put copyright credits on other pages but if I forget, it doesn't mean you can swipe stuff that doesn't belong to you.